PRIVACY STATEMENT STAMPIX BV
At Stampix, we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Who are we?
Stampix is an online platform that offers Users a service to order photo products, either after an online payment or for free by means of a promotional code (“Code’). The Codes can be obtained via various channels including but not limited to email, mobile communication, social media or third parties that distribute the codes. Stampix carefully matches the User and the third parties that finance the service (“Client”) by analysing the User’s personal information. As we coin the motto ‘the right message to the right person’, we aim to offer relevant advertising on our free products.
How do we collect information?
Stampix obtains information about Users when Users use the following means in order to print their pictures for free: our Mobile Applications (“App”), our Websites, our Messenger Bot and the custom web applications made for clients (‘Microsites’). In addition, we collect information if Users register to receive new promotional Codes or if Users purchase a code or product.
What type of information is collected?
The personal information we collect includes:
- first name;
- last name;
- date of birth (optional);
- delivery address(es) and email address;
- photo format preferences per order;
- Metadata of your images (including but not limited to tags, location,date,…);
- codes you used in the past;
- correspondence with and from Stampix;
- preferences with regard to receiving communications from Stampix;
- information about your use of Stampix, your browsing on our app and website and online purchasing activity when buying a printcode
- billing address (if applicable);
- phone number(s) (optional);
- google username (optional);
- Instagram username (optional);
- Facebook username (optional);
- Smartphone device; and
- Details which we may ask you to submit in order to verify your identity. We might make this request if we suspect the use of fake accounts. For more information, check our fair use policy.
- additional personal details, upon request by a Client in order to make use of some of our servicesFor example, if a code is only valid for students, users can be requested to enter their student card number and to specify which course they are signed up for. That information will only be used to provide the service for which the information was requested.
How is your information used?
Personal data will be collected, processed, stored, used and/or analysed by us in order to:
- provide Stampix’ service to Users;
- tailor aspects of Stampix experience to meet their needs;
- tailor the advertisement on Stampix product in case a promotional code was used;
- contact Users for product research purposes;
- contact Users for market research purposes;
- create personalised products selected the User;
- deliver these products to the User;
- establish a link between the Users’ account and product purchases
- to verify the Users identity;
- provide the User with order and delivery information;
- provide customer support;
- contact the User by email and on your mobile phone (for instance by sending text messages (SMS) and “push” notifications);
- conduct market research (for instance on customer satisfaction);
- prevent and detect fraud or other crimes;
- scan all photos for NSFW (not safe for work) content;
- perform research to optimise our services, data will be anonymised if possible;
- Research, develop and launch new or updated products or services;
- automatically create and suggest personalised photo products, made possible by Stampix’s proprietary artificial intelligence software.
We automatically collect anonymous information about the Users use of Stampix (through Google Analytics). For example, Stampix automatically logs which channels Stampix Users access, which web browsers and websites link them to Stampix. This enables Stampix to compile statistics about the use of Stampix, to improve service and target advertising to Users more accurately.
How long do we keep your information?
A User’s personal data will be anonymised and stored for 10 years after the User’s last activity on any Stampix channel. At that moment all orders related to the User’s account will be permanently deleted.
All orders received through a customised Microsite for a Client will be anonymised after a reasonable period of 6 months after the order date. All photos related to orders placed through a branded or Stampix Microsite will be archived 3 months after the order date.
Who has access to your information?
- payment providers (e.g. to process the payment or detect/prevent money laundering or fraud);
- software and cloud providers (to facilitate hosting of (the data in) the App or Microsites); and,
- freelancers or other service providers (e.g. to help develop and deliver the Stampix services and products).
Stampix will not hire out or sell your information to third parties, unless the User has given Stampix their consent in the following way:
- explicitly agreeing – through an opt-in – to give their information to third parties, to receive the offers and promotions of their products and services.
- instructing us to share your personal information with websites and platforms of third parties.
With the exception of the above, Stampix will not disclose any of the Users personal data without their given permission unless:
- Stampix is legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purpose of crime or fraud prevention or detection);
- Stampix is in negotiation with a third party in order to sell or purchase the business or business assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Stampix, or all of its assets, is taken over by a third party, in which case personal data held by Stampix about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
When creating a Stampix account the User gives Stampix permission to pass on personal details to partners with whom Stampix works in order to deliver the services (requested by the User).
What information is shared with our recommendation software?
Stampix employs a photo recommendation software in our Mobile Applications – with or without internet connection. The photo recommendation software is an Artificial Intelligence program that analyses the meta-data of photos, e.g. resolution, sharpness, tags… and ranks photos according to their quality. Stampix uses this software program to offer the User recommendations of their best photos to print through Stampix channels. Important: Whilst the software runs on the Users phone, no photos or other personal identifiable information related to the photos will be shared with Stampix or its partners. The only photos that will be shared with Stampix are the photos the User decides to print.
What are the different possibilities regarding communication preferences?
The emails (“Newsletters”) and messages on mobile phones (“Messaging Alerts”) which we send you fall into two categories:
Newsletters and Messaging Alerts (“Service Messages”) sent to Users are covered by the legitimate interest of Stampix’ services and contain information about, including but not limited to:
- unused promotional Codes,
- new promotional Code and/or offers
- new products
- incomplete orders,
- a near expiration date of a promotional code, or
- to participate in surveys to improve Stampix’ service.
The User can notify Stampix of their preferences by opting in or out of receiving our Service Messages in the following ways:
- For Newsletters, by clicking on the “unsubscribe” option in our newsletters
- Message Alerts have to be changed in the settings of your smartphone device.
Emails sent to Users containing information related to the Users orders and purchases from Stampix (“Transactional Messages”) are unaffected by the Users preferences for Newsletters and other Service Messages and cannot be opted out from. Transactional Messages contain the following information, including but not limited to:
- order confirmation
- print status
- shipping status
- any other information related to the order or purchase
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we can, please be aware that it may take up to 7 days for changes to your preferences – an opt in or out, or an unsubscribe – to take effect.
A User has the choice whether or not to receive information from Stampix. If a User does not want to receive communications from Stampix about service, products or new promotional codes, then the User can select their preferences by ticking the relevant boxes situated on their information form. Stampix will never contact Users for marketing purposes by email, phone or text communications unless the User has given prior consent.
How to access and update information?
The accuracy of personal information is important to us. Stampix is working on ways to make it easier for Users to review and correct the information that Stampix holds. In the meantime, if a User changes their email address, home address, or if any of the other information Stampix holds is inaccurate or out of date, please email Stampix at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Delete your account
If a User wants to delete their Stampix account please email us at email@example.com. We will delete the account within 48hours. Your account is linked to your phone number, which will be stored for verification purposes in case you want to reactivate your account. We will delete your phone number 10 years after your last activity in the Stampix App
Security precautions to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
Stampix is committed to take all appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal information against loss, misuse, destruction, unintended changes, damages or publication. Stampix will store all the personal information provided on its secure servers. Information relating to electronic transactions which has been entered on our website will be protected by encryption technology. Notwithstanding Stampix’ security policies, controls and its efforts in general, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed by Stampix. Since no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, Stampix cannot guarantee absolute security.
Links to other websites
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated December 3rd 2021.
If a User is not satisfied with the manner in which Stampix collects, stores or otherwise treats or secures its personal data, the User may contact Stampix as specified above. Stampix is prepared to take all measures to remedy this situation.
The User also has the right to lodge a complaint about the way Stampix collects, uses and/or processes its personal data with Belgian Data Protection Authority (or the data protection authority of (i) its residence or (ii) workplace) by sending an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.